Last updated: January 2023
Our contact details
Name: Simon Whitbread
Address: 2a St Barnabas Road, Woodford,
Woodford Green IG8 7DA
Phone Number: 0800 448 8615
ICO Registration Number: – ZA732778
This Privacy Notice, together with the Terms and conditions posted on our website, set forth the general rules and policies governing your use of our website.
The type of personal information we collect
We may collect, use, store or transfer different kinds of personal data about you when you use our website, when you receive services or communication from us or if you a prospective, current, or former employee. We have categorised the different kinds of personal data as follows:
- Identity Data which includes your first and last name. For our B2B or corporate clients we ask for your position within the company.
- Contact Data means the data we use to contact you including your billing or site billing address, home or site address, email address, mobile number, or your telephone landline number at home.
- Lift Technology Data – we use technological systems to collect data to support our technical surveys and our maintenance, repairs management and the modernisation services in relation to lifts and elevators.
- Financial Data means the payment method and card association used to process your payments for the services you purchase from us. We do not process financial transactions which are handled by the payment services providers, banks, or financial institutions that we use.
- Communication Data means details about communication you have made on our website including any information or other details you have provided in respect of your request for information or services you may purchase or request from us.
- Testimonials or client feedback to support ongoing service improvements.
- Technical Data means details about the device(s) you use to access our website including your internet protocol (IP) / MAC address, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, referrer URL, host name of the accessing computer, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. This information will not be combined with data from other sources, and we do not share such information with third parties other than service providers that we retain to support the Site’s operation.
- Linked Sites and social media means that for your convenience this Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites that are not under our control, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services. This includes your browsing patterns and information such as how long you might spend on one of our webpages and what you look at and for on our website, your IP address, the device you use to browse through our website, the page that referred you to our site and the click stream during your visit to our website, page response times and page interaction information (e.g. clicks you make on a page).
- Profile Data includes your username (email address), name and any details you share in the message fields or text boxes on this website. Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. Our marketing activities include Public Relations, sponsorships, digital marketing, and event marketing.
- Recruitment and employee data which includes your Curriculum Vitae (CV), additional personal data that we need to consider your interest in working with us and the employment data that we will hold if we hire you. We carry out Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Checks where appropriate. If you provide us with any information about reasonable adjustments you require under the Equality Act 2010, the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is legal obligation.
- Subcontractor data includes the personal data that we need to consider your interest in providing services to us. We will also collect information to help us manage our contractual relationship with you.
Essential Service Providers
We engage third party contractors, technicians, engineers, and freelancers to provide us with specialist technical or professional services.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date.
A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed.
You can disable cookies in your browser. See our Cookies Policy for details.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Direct interactions: by using our website, filling in forms or by corresponding and communicating directly with us by post, phone, email, in person or otherwise.
- Indirectly from our partners or other professionals: to provide you with the best quality service if we are sub-contracted to undertake work on their behalf.
- Automated technologies or interactions: as you interact with us, we may automatically collect usage data and technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
We use the information to:
- Respond to your enquiries
- Design and provide bespoke services in relation to the installation, commissioning and maintenance of lifts and elevators
- Provide you with consultancy services or other related services
- Provide the services offered on the website.
- Improve the user experience on the website.
- To support our marketing communication
- Recruit staff and manage our workforce
Under the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and applicable legislation, the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(b) Your consent.
You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
We take commercially reasonable efforts to protect against unauthorised access to or use of your personal data.
Your information is securely stored. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used altered disclosed or accessed in an unauthorised way.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to abide by GDPR and applicable legislation.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
Some data processors and third parties that we use, are based outside the United Kingdom, so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the United Kingdom.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the United Kingdom, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it.
The Site is intended for adults and is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children or sell products or services to children under the age of 13.
Annual Updates to this Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review to make sure it is up to date and accurate.
We will review and update this privacy notice every year.
Your data protection rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 or GDPR, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO), if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113