Safestore HollandSeptember 14, 2022
Job: (modernisation, installation, May 2022 repair, service)
Date of works commencing: May 2022
In June 2022, we successfully completed on modernisation works at Safestore, Holland.
Safestore is the UK’s largest and Europe’s second largest provider of self-storage. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The installation took approximately 4-5 weeks.
The job consisted of works on the left and right hand electric goods passenger lifts and entailed of;
The left hand lift:
- We uninstalled & removed the existing 4 No. landing entrances in their entirety & replaced with Semi-Automatic 4 panel centre opening 30 min. fire rated entrances with a clear opening of 2000mm wide x 2100mm high complete with integral door operator.
- Finish painted
The right hand lift:
- Due to the age of the existing controller installed in the early 1960’s, the new door operators do not interface with this system, it was therefore necessary to replace the control panel to operate these doors.
- We uninstalled & removed the existing 3 No. landing entrance doors in their entirety & replaced with Semi-Automatic 2 panel centre opening 30 min. fire rated entrances with a clear opening of 1000mm x 21000mm high complete with integral door operator.
- Finish painted
- Replaced the existing control panel with a solid state VVVF controller to include rewiring of the lift shaft, motor room & lift car
- Replaced the existing hoist machine with a compatible VVVF machine complete with new hoist ropes, adapter steels and guarding.
The client was exceptionally pleased with the end products.
Read more about our amazing success stories via the link in our bio or https://vmelevators.com/casestudies/
Here at VM Elevators, we provide a bespoke service that is second to none; whether your query is about a new installation; a modernisation; a maintenance service contract; repairs, or the decommissioning of a lift or escalator – we can help!
#ElevateYourBusiness today and call us for free on 0800 448 8615