Competitive Basic Salary + Vehicle + Travel Allowance
VM Elevators Ltd is a premium and independent Lift & Escalator Services provider. Established in London in 2008, our business now operates at a UK Nationwide level. Through transparency and integrity we are committed to the delivery of excellence in everything we do.
We cater to all Lift & Escalator requirements and have been a prominent player in the industry. Working across all makes and models of vertical transportation, we specialise in Routine Maintenance, Callouts, Emergency Breakdowns, Repairs, Modernisation, Design & New Installation. We work across all makes and models of Lift equipment.
We provide our clients with a full ‘turnkey’ solution to all their Lift & Escalator needs, priding ourselves on the quality of service we deliver. Our exceptional safety record is a testament to our unwavering commitment to adhere to all compliant regulations.
We are recognised for our highly experienced and professionally driven lift engineers, we have built a reputation for problem-solving prowess. Our positive, can-do approach to customer requests sets us apart in the industry and we are dedicated to cultivating long-term customer relationships.
At VM Elevators Ltd, our culture emphasises dedication, professionalism, and a drive to succeed, qualities embodied by our team members who are the driving force behind our success.
What Are We Looking For?
VM Elevators Ltd is currently seeking an experienced Service Lift Engineer (NVQ3 or equivalent) to manage a portfolio of units across London and the surrounding area.
As a qualified service lift engineer, you will be expected to:
- Carry out 100% of the lift maintenance and service visits within your assigned territory.
- Respond proactively and promptly to lift breakdowns, always aiming to achieve a first-time fix.
- Resolve any long-standing lift faults, achieve zero defect insurance items, and maintain contractual KPIs through the reduction of lift breakdowns.
- Perform minor lift repairs to ensure continual lift operation.
- Liaise directly with customers on-site, building and maintaining positive working relationships.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will:
- Be qualified to at least NVQ Level 3, J-Module, or an equivalent certification.
- Be EOR/202 Basic Lift Safety certified
- Be DBS verified / willing to undergo routine DBS checks.
- Other Heath & Safety Awareness accreditation are a plus i.e. Asbestos Awareness, Environmental Awareness, Manual Handling, Lifting & Slinging, Abrasive Wheels.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of various makes and types of equipment, including goods and platform lifts, scissor lifts, and hydraulics.
- Demonstrate the application of lift engineering principles to maintenance and fault diagnosis.
- Be available work rostered night and weekend call
We welcome applications from talented Service Lift Engineers, with a valid Driving Licence living within a commutable distance of the territory.
As a commitment to our sustainability initiatives, we have transitioned all our worksheets into a digital format, enabling us to provide our clients with real-time updates. We are seeking an ideal candidate who is tech-savvy and embodies the values of VM Elevators. The candidate should feel at ease with technology, accurately log timings using our application, and efficiently complete and close worksheets with correct information in real-time
What Can We Offer You?
Competitive Basic Salary plus allowances and overtime.
Employer Pension Plan
25 days annual leave and Bank Holidays
Work equipment, tools (where required), PPE, uniform, work phone/ tablet.
Genuine commitment to your career progression and development.
A culture that encourages innovative ideas and recognises that our talent is the key to our success.
VM Elevators Ltd is deeply committed to the ongoing development of all our employees, supporting career progression and fostering a culture that encourages innovative ideas. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion ensures that the perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all individuals contribute to a culture of learning and attract top-tier talent. We encourage applications from all sections of the community, and candidates will be assessed and selected based on objective criteria.
We hold full membership to the Lift & Escalator Industry Association (LEIA) and are British Safety Council certified and hold all relevant ISO and Health & Safety accreditation to operate within the UK Nationwide.